Skip to main content

Helpful Resources



Here is a list of great resources that I know and love and commonly use in preparation for biblical studies. I highly recommend that you buy or bookmark them and pray that they are as much of a blessing to you as they have been for me.


Bibles:

*Please note: If you dig around on the web you are likely to find other versions of the same Bibles that I am recommending here for much cheaper. I personally recommend Amazon for good prices and timely delivery.


1) The Reformation Study Bible by R.C. Sproul. Sproul has been one of my more recent mentors and has had a huge impact on my life and theological studies. And I have loved every page in this bible. https://reformationstudybible.com/


2) The Spurgeon Study Bible. If you love Scripture and Spurgeon then you'll definitely enjoy this bible. Simply a fantastic Bible. I do recommend the Christian Standard Bible Translation because I believe it is second only to the ESV translation and I also find it very easy to read. http://csbspurgeonstudybible.com/


3) The ESV Wide Margin Journaling Bible. Honestly, folks, I can't guarantee your salvation if you don't have this one; I mean, what are you even doing with your life if you don't have this? (https://www.amazon.com/Margin-Reference-Bible-TruTone-Brown/dp/1433544164). I simply do not possess the words to say how much I love this Bible; I cannot recommend this one enough. Pastor Matthew Everhard has a great video on how to use this particular Bible (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0mGYd_PiyY).


Websites:

1) Ligonier Ministers (https://www.ligonier.org/learn/): This is, the late, R.C. Sproul's ministry with more resources and content on it than anyone can consume. Typically in preparation for Bible study, I will listen and read whatever content is available for that week's passage to gain a good understanding of the text itself.


2) Desiring God (https://www.desiringgod.org/): This is John Piper's ministry, again, with more resources and content on it than anyone can consume. Like Ligonier, I will also (usually) listen to whatever sermons are available on the passage for that week in preparation for Bible study. John Piper is truly a wonderful preacher; definitely be sure to bookmark this one on your browser.


3) Blue Letter Bible (https://www.blueletterbible.org/): As far as free online content is concerned I really don't think you can beat BLB. The site is a little overwhelming at first, I'll admit, but once you explore a bit and learn where to find all the tools they have available it becomes very user-friendly and overwhelming informative. Perhaps my favorite part of this site is that they have both Hebrew and Greek dictionaries to help deepen your understanding of a passage. If you are to only bookmark one of all these sites that I recommend make it this one!


4) Grace to You (https://www.gty.org/): This is John MacArthur's ministry. I have only been listening to his preaching as of this past month but I have loved all that I've heard thus far.


5) The Domain for Truth (https://veritasdomain.wordpress.com/): Here is a site that I found while researching what kind of wood the cross was made out of. I will admit I have not had a lot of time to explore this site. But the number of free lectures, e-books, and commentaries is simply incredible.


This is by no means a comprehensive list of resources I use. It is only intended to be a good starting point for teachers and students of the word. And I have no doubt that I will one day have to write a volume two to this essay as I continue to find more good, biblical resources. In a forthcoming essay, a list of free e-books and blogs will be the next addition to this "resources" label of mine; stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Future Writing Ideas

How to devotionally listen to a Sunday Sermon/How to worship on Sunday. What to do with a "dud" sermon. Best way to take notes on Sunday. The "Impossibles" of Hebrews. How to get theology from head to heart to body.  How to become Zealous; Matthew 24:12, 44-51, Rev. 2:5 Applications of Election: John 15:16, Gal. 1:15-16. What is encouragement? Why we don't listen to Impending Doom on Sundays? Trichotomy vs. Dicotomy.  Pedo vs Credo Baptism: 1689 vs. Westminster.  What is the difference between self-improvement and sanctification? What to do on the Sabbath? And what is the meaning thereof? When Job and Paul saw the sovereignty of God; Job 40:2, Romans 9:19-20. Marriage: Knowing, loving, and living the reality of the Gospel.  Biblical anatomy.  A Nature walk with God. The Trinity: What? So what? Alex and Rufus: Mark 15:21, 1 Tim. 1:20, 2 Tim. 4:14, A Romans 9 study/illustration.  "Work of the Lord" An exegesis of 1 Cor. 15:58 Why Northern and Southern Is

Eschatology: It's Start & Its' End

Grace and Peace to you all.       First and foremost thank you all for giving me this extra week to work on this one. In the past, I've actually already had some sort of clue as to what it is I'm talking about. This was my first lesson where I truly had no idea what I was doing so this was a very hard and very humbling lesson for me. With that said, odds are that I probably am light in some areas that should be more thoroughly covered and (possibly) less accurate than I should be in other areas. Should there be any errors, misrepresentations, or poor understandings presented here please do assume that they were made in earnest and show grace as needed because this is, after all, perhaps the most difficult lesson I've ever had to research and write.      Now, with all that said, let us first establish what this lesson will  not  be so that we might gain the most out of it.      First, this lesson is  not  a complete systematics on Eschatology. Believe me, I much as I wish I