Skip to main content

Verses on Faith

 Matthew 21:21-22

Jesus replied, "Truly I tell you if you have faith & do not doubt not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain,' go throw yourself into the sea,' & it will be done. 22 If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."
Romans 4:18-21
Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it has been said to him, "so shall your offspring be." 19 Without weakening in his faith, he faced fact that his body was as good as dead-since he was about 100 years old-& that Sarah's womb was also dead. 20 Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, 21 being fully persuaded that God had the power to do what he had promised.
Romans 10:17
Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, & and the message hears through the word about Christ.
2 Corinthians 5:7
For we live by faith, not by sight.
Ephesians 6:16
In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, w/ which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
Hebrews 11:1-3
Now faith is confidence and what we hope for & assurance about what we do not see. 2 This is what the ancients were commended for. 3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.
John 14:12
Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, & they will do even greater things than these because I am going to the father.
Romans 1:16-17
For I am unashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jews, then to the gentile. 17 For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "the righteous will live by faith."
Romans 4:4-5
Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation.5 However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Verses on Strength

  Exodus 15:2 The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God,& I will praise him, my father's God,& I will exalt him. 2 Samuel 22:31-33 31 as for God, his way is perfect: The Lord's word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him. 32 for who is God besides the Lord? & Who is the rock except our God? 33 it is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure. 1 Chronicles 16:26-27 For all the gods of the nations are idols, but the Lord made heavens. 27 splendor and majesty are before him; strength and joy are in his dwelling place. Psalm 18:1 I love you, Lord, my strength. Psalm 18:32-33 It is God who arms me with strength & keeps my way secure. 33 he makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he causes me to stand on the heights. Psalm 28:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him,& he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, & with my song I will praise him. Psalm 73:26 My flesh and...

Verses on Shame

  Psalm 34:4-5 I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. 5 Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame. Psalm 119:80 May my heart be blameless toward your decrees, that I may not be put to shame. Isaiah 45:17 But Israel will be saved by the Lord with an everlasting salvation; you will never be put to shame or disgraced, to ages everlasting. 1 Peter 2:6 For in Scripture it says: “See, I lay a stone in Zion, a chosen and precious cornerstone, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame.” Psalm 25:1-3 In you, Lord my God, I put my trust. 2 I trust in you; do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me. 3 No one who hopes in you will ever be put to shame, but shame will come on those who are treacherous without cause. Romans 10:10-11 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11 As Scripture sa...